Tuesday, September 20, 2005

To be a Flapper...

...well for one night anyways! :) Why? For Halloween? No! For a Murder Mystery Dinner this Saturday evening.

Today I went scavaging thru isles and isles at our local Salvation Army Thrift store to create my one of a kind Flapper dress! :) If I had known about this earlier then I think I would have ordered one from online somewhere! :)

I've got a black dress, that I'll cut to the correct length, got a spool of black (w/shiny stuff) fun fur for the "fringe" look. I've got some mary janes...I'll make a head band (might need to find a feather...or I'll just do without it). I got home and realized the beads didn't make it home for the long necklace, so I've got to get that.

I hope it all turns out okay! :) I'll share pictures if it does! ;) Oh, I also got lots of black beads that I'll hand sew on so that the dress has some "shine" to it! :) This is going to be a lot of work!

Bobby's outfit is easy! I would love to find a hat for him though!

No comments: