Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Camping Trip in Delaware

We canoed, hiked, fished (not me), ate, played games, collected nature, visited with our friends that we went up with. We enjoyed camp fires, roasted marshmallows & s'mores. It was a great trip.
I however was about carried away by all the mosquitoes. The girls had maybe 10 bug bites...I had over 70 bites on just 1 leg...no kidding...I actually counted them!


Camping at Trap Pond, DE

Bobby taking the girls out in the canoe for a small fishing trip.


My 3 most favorite people!



We stayed in a Yurt for the first time. (Look, it has air conditioning!) It had a bunk bed & futon, we set up our folding table and it was just perfect!

It had an L-shaped deck, off of that was the picnic table, fire ring & Adirondack chairs right on the waterfront. Gorgeous views!!!!







We were just steps away from the water. This was a beautiful place to stay, there were Cyprus trees all over the place.






Just moments after we arrived, the girls starting lining up pine cones on the ledge/railing.

Watch out though....pine cones falling from that high up...hurt when they land! :)

We normally don't bring "toys" on camping trips..but we had to stop at a store to pick up a few things, and gave in to the girls when they asked for new Crayola's & Barbie coloring books. :) Bobby read his book Creation, and I picked up Nicholas Sparks book The Wedding, but I never read it. I ended up picking up a Word Search book, and that kept me entertained! :) I stuck it in the camping totes, for the next trip! :)




The girls had to so much fun! They were so dirty, black feet every night! :) They had fun playing with their friends and going back and forth from our campsite to theirs.

The price of gas was high, and with the car loaded down with all the camping gear made it worse. We didn't have it as bad as our friends, who were pulling their pop-up and 4 canoes! Ouch!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks like so much fun!! I love to camp out and I've never seen or heard of a yurt (did I get that right?) before. Put some Bennedryl on those bites and read The Wedding...you'll love it. It is a great book :)

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a blast Heather! Loved looking at your pics :)
I can't believe you had ac...that is a riot! I liked the Wedding ;)
I love camping....wish we did more of it!

Anonymous said...

Heather your pics are fab. It looks like you had a great time. I had to show my DH a picture of the yurt. Very cool!

Michelle said...

Great pictures. I am keeping track of places that have yurts and if we ever get to Delaware, I will try to remember that they yurts. How far is the campsite from the Capitol? Maybe we can stay at the yurt as a side trip for Washington d.c.