Sunday, September 11, 2005

Annv. of September 11th


Do you remember where you were 4 years ago?
I remember, and I'll never forget.

What a horrible & tragic day. I still pray for the families that lost loved ones. It still breaks my heart when I think about it.

When I see the photos, it makes me sick to my stomach. It brings me back where I was 4 years ago.

I was in my car driving to my office to make copies of the papers that we signed to buy our first house, when the news interrupted and said that a plane just hit one of the towers of the World Trade Center. I thought that it was terrible, but I had no idea just how terrible it was or what was about to happen next. I only thought it was small plane that accidentally hit the tower.

I went into the office, made copies, said hi to my co-workers, we chatted about the plane hitting the WTC. I left there to go drop off the signed papers to the realtors office.

I tried calling my husband with my cell phone, and all the circuits were busy, I couldn't get ahold of him. I went home, called from the house and got ahold of him. He was busy because of were he worked, but we finally got ahold of each other. :)

I sat glued infront of the tv for the rest of the day. I was so thankful that Catherine was so young that she had no idea what was going on. I had to call my family and talk with them, I just had to hear their voices. Two of my sisters were visiting with me that weekend before. Tammy had flown in, and just traveled home the day before. I was so glad to hear she was safe.

-------------------
Today we had friends over for a BBQ. There 13 of us in all, and we all had a good day of eating, teasing, talking and just hanging out. Our company didn't leave until late, so I guess everyone had a great time! :)

Monday night we have our first PTO meeting at Catherine's school, it's in conjunction with the family picnic. :) More on the later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

first off love the song- so true. glad you had a great time with your friends.
I remember the day all to well one of those ones you can never forget. the images are engraved in my memory forever.
hugs shan