Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Awww.....September!


I know Autumn isn't until the 22nd...but I'm gearing up for it!

I bought a new wreath for our front door (beautiful fall leaves), a leaf garland with orange lights to go around the front window by the front door.

I hope to set up a really cool scarecrow this year...since we have a nice old radio flyer wagon, I hope to create a very festive fall setting.

It seems like every fall, we were in the middle of moving or I was tired (pregnant or new baby) or something...because I've never really decorated for the fall on the outside of our house.
I have a really neat autumn village that my mom gave me years ago, that I set up. Last year I set it up on the back of the piano and it looked gorgeous!

Hopefully this fall we can take a drive up through the New England states. That would be so beautiful! We need to, since we live in PA, we're so close! I'm not sure if it's in the cards though...we're going camping this weekend in Delaware. I just don't see us pulling off 2 long weekends in 1 month! :( Maybe next year?!

I'm really looking forward to the crisp cool autumn air...the sound of leaves crunching under our feet, going to the Apple festival (okay, so that's the first couple weekends in October), and so much more!

I don't know why I'm getting ahead of myself...but I just can't help myself! :) By the sounds of this, you'd think that fall was my favorite season!

Maybe it is, maybe it isn't....I wonder if you can guess which is my favorite season!? Any takers? It's pretty easy...you have a 1 in 4 chances of winning! :) Let's make this fun though...the first to guess correctly (and just for fun...tell me the reason why you think it is) will receive a surprise!

...the next few months are going to be hard on our Southern States from Alabama to Texas and especially Louisiana because of the devastation from Hurricane Katrina. It's so terrible, all the damage...I just can't imagine loosing everything of mine and my entire town!
I'm praying for all the victims of HK, and I hope they get the relief that they really need!

(image from WWL-TV LA local tv station)

No comments: