Wednesday, August 03, 2005

We went Camping


(click photo for better details!)

We went camping this past weekend. It was really nice, the weather was perfect, the girls had a fun playing, and Bobby & I relaxed.

We put up the tent & hammocks Friday. After we ate, we roasted marshmallows over the campfire. After we ate a big breakfast Saturday morning we took the girls fishing, then we went out on the lake in a row boat (with sections covered in beautiful lilly pads), came back to the camp site, had lunch then went swimming that afternoon.

We had planned on only staying one night, but we were having such a great time, we stayed another night (thank goodness I always overpack!). I started and completed my book
Shopaholic and Sister , Bobby continued to read his
I, Claudius
book. (yeah, I'm a shallow reader, and he's a deap reader!).

We had a fabulous weekend! I'd like to go again much to my own suprise! :) It's been 2 years since the last time I was camping. We went for a week in upstate New York in the Adirondak mountains. It was beautiful, but Abby had just turned 1 (actually the day we drove up there) and it rainted while we were there...so in my mind camping was hard. Now that they're older it was really great! Oh, and we had such wonderful treats too! Some of my favorites!


I hope you all are having a great summer! School starts back up soon so make the most of what's left!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sound like such a good time. I have so many happy memeories of camping when I was a kid. We used to camp in my SIL's yard in VT but now we sleep in the house because our tent got trashed.

I'm so glad to know you had a good time and I'm glad I stopped to visit your blog this morning.

Anonymous said...

Heather I'm catching up on your blog. Love the pics from A's bday! She is so big now :( So cute too! Love the fabric samples...very cool find! We are going camping up north in the white mountains next week for 5 days and I am praying for good weather. We have been so lucky in the weather dept so far this summer...kind of nervous over it now!