Monday, August 15, 2005

Thank you's & Updates on HI projects!

I don't know if it's proper etiquette it refer to comments made....but Cami & Maureen, you two are so sweet, thanks so much for your comments...you made me smile from ear to ear! And Shan, I know you reading this too... you're so sweet & thoughtful. I wish we all lived closer...someday we'll have to meet up! :)

Well, we got a lot done on the house this weekend. Most of the day on Saturday was spent shopping for all the stuff we needed. Bobby installed a new light fixture in the foyer (the glass part is frosted white and has a scrolly vine that's in the range of somewhere between black & brown in color) Now we can actually see, it's so bright & wonderful! :)

He also put up the wood 2" plantation blinds in the study. We got white ones for the kitchen window, I really wanted shutters, but we couldn't find any to fit our window (these will be put up today).

Oh, I almost forgot, our bathroom downstairs is in a Paris motif (I'm still working on getting this room looking really nice) but it just has a few basics now...anyways...he replaced the electric outlet & will replace the lightswitch today (I forgot it was a dual switch and we bought the wrong supplies). There's still lots of work to do in the bathroom...I've got to paint the walls, the base cabinet & I'm going to sew up a curtain to hide the electric pannel/box & to asorb sound since Bobby doesn't like carpet in there. (I'll have to buy the right color of hand towells too!) LOL

Sunday after church, Bobby put cable in on the other wall, we re-arranged the room (purged some CD's & other stuff)...Re-arranged the study & the dining room.

We need to get an oak filing cabinet (to replace our old metal ones) & I need to organize & purge some files. We also need to purge & organize the bookshelves (whew...both of these will be a huge job!).

We have a window type opening between the kitchen & living room (it's really nice when company's over because you still feel like you're part of the party when you're in the kitchen....but otherwise annoying). We're thinking of covering it up with some type of window covering...again, I'd love shutters, but can't find it in the right size! I think we'll get one of those rattan roll shades....but we'll see! :)

Bobby & Catherine is off at the store exchanging a few things and picking up a few more things...I'm supposed to be cleaning the kitchen, so I'm off to get busy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

heather you amaze me! how do you find the time to do all this? You must stay up until all hours and not watch tv......or something?! I have not done much around the house...we did get the lr painted trim and all when we got the new furniture, but I still need do find curtains. I want to spend the fall getting my house in order, before we "hunker down" for winter. I need to!
I wish we lived closer...you could come over and help me organize my house....and purge! I'm so bad at that...so are my girls!
Have a great day :)