Monday, August 29, 2005

1st day of School!

At 12:28 this afternoon we put Catherine on the school bus for her first day of school. A piece of my heart is missing today...it's just a few miles down the road in a kindergarten class and it won't be back until almost 4 o'clock.


Waiting for the bus at the corner - Catherine on the bus!

I wanted to take her to school for her first day of school but because of their tight security policy you can't enter the school. I wanted to walk her into her class, get a picture of her sitting at her desk and all that...but I can't! :( At the parent/teacher/principle meet & greet on Thursday night, they said that if you plan for your child to ride the bus for the year, it's best to let them ride it for the first day. (((sigh)))

I never realized how hard it would be to put my little girl on the bus and say goodbye!


I'll leave you with a quote that I like and will try to remember this year. (You know, the whole try not to compare one student to another and all)

Childhood is a journey not a race

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH Heather....these pics make ME want to cry! I love them :)
Hope her day was fantastic!
Mine start tomorrow......kind of sad here because it's Katie's last year in elementary school :(

Anonymous said...

Heather Awww they just grow up fast. HUGS my friend she will love it!!!
shan