Thursday, August 18, 2005

Is it really Thursday?

I thought it was Friday today! I get up every morning to iron clothes for Bobby, this morning I get out his casual Friday clothes, he get's out of the shower and says "Hunny, it's not Friday, it's Thursday!" What? When did that happen? I thought it was Friday! So I hurry to go starch & iron another outfit for him.

What's on the agenda today then? Go to Home Depot and get a few new paint supplies & the paint for the living room. Then I must drag myself to the grocery store (can you tell I really despise grocery shopping?! The girls are great, but it's just a pain!)

I think I'll share some pictures this morning :)

My new drapes I finished sewing up yesterday. This is a picture in a picture (so you get a better idea of the color...I'm having lighting issues). You'll notice the drywall patching Bobby's doing to the wall (We had those vertical blindes & curtain sheers...so there was some adjusting involved with getting the new curtain rod). We plan to put up moulding around the door casing.

Once we put up moulding & paint the walls, all we need is a new coffee table (we gave away our old one when we had crawling babies, now it's time to have a new one again), and some new art for the walls!

Here's the lunch pail tin that I'm working on. The outside is complete, but I need to work on the inside file folders. The colors will go with the living room, so I plan for it to sit out on a bookshelf, end table or somewhere! :) I didn't want to go overboard on the outside, I wanted to keep it simple and elegant.

The folders are labeled: The Scott Family, Bobby, Heather, Catherine, Abby & Our Home.

Each folder will have a "frame" on the outside and I'll have a picture accordingly. (Temp I've got a tag on the front of the first one I'm working on until I print out a good family picture of us...it will be easier for measurements this way.

Oh, and another quick picture of the mini album I've been working on for Catherine to have in her backpack! :)

I've got lots of work to do to get it finished. It shouldn't take long though. I won't go into details about it since I've already mentioned it before I think.

I need to put her name on the front...I'll come up with a fun way to display it! :) The chalkboard pages, will have a picture of her school.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OMGosh~I love all the work you're doing. Household & scrapping. The lunch pail....DIVINE! Where can I get one Heather??! Love your dd's book too. And fab curtains. And you iron Bobby's clothes every moring?! Truly there is a place for you in heaven. Steve is very upset after learning this fact. I told him I'm glad to put his stuff in the dryer w/ a wet towel! LOL! TFS! Love ya!

Anonymous said...

heather you amaze me! i iron johnny's pants...but it ends up being all at once when he has none left! he sends his shirts out now....I used to do them but it's not my fave thing!
love Catherine's book and love that lunch pail idea....very cool! Love that you are getting so much done.....I wish I knew how to sew and I'd sew curtains too!