Monday, May 23, 2005

What a Wonderful Weekend!

Yassou! That's Greek for Hello. We enjoyed ourselves at a Greek Festival this weekend. Their food is just so delicous! Gyro's, Baklava, etc... yummy!

Before engorging ourselves at the GF we went to a huge yardsale. I got several wood boxes to alter to hold my scrapbook supplies. I found an awesome white enamel tray/box thing with a lid (much like this one on ebay )

I'm thinking of using my MM foam stamps and stamping something on the side with my Staz On ink pad. The dish's lid is scratched up and the inside isn't perfect either. So it's not like I'm ever going to make anything off of the piece I found for $2 - so I might as well have fun with it right? The older pieces had words on them, for example the bread box said bread - Soap boxes said Soap, etc...

Last night I started altering them. I'm not done - but I've got a good start on them. :) I'm really pleased with how they're turning out so far. I'm "itching" to get back up and work on them some more! Yesterday afternnon Bobby went fishing with a friend so that's when I played! :) Catherine & Abby helped me paint and glue - they had fun helping me...it made me nervous - but sometimes you just have to let them! :) As a perfectionist I have a hard time letting them near my stuff. Isn't that terrible?

Oh, at the yardsale - I got a bag of Disney Dress up outfits & gowns. Abby is in and out of them every 30 minutes. She's having so much fun with them!

Now to switch subjects

I've really enjoyed the season finalle's on all the shows I've been watching. They were all really good this year! I can't wait for TV this fall! I wonder what I'll do without "new" tv to watch! LOL - Yes, I know I'm pathetic - but you already knew that! :)

Bobby and I have been really enjoying ourselves with our deck nights already. The weather's been great - still a little cool. Here it is the end of May - and we're still having to put on sweat shirts at night. This morning I had a bowl of Quaker Oats - I make mine with brown sugar and Grape Nuts - I like the crunch in there to mix up the texture a bit - yumm! :)

I hope you all had a great weekend!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great yard sale day and yummy food!
I am still plugging away at cleaning up my area......it's nothing special but I'll get it done and be happy until I can build a room ;) LOL!
I have to say I'm quite jealous over your deck nights...none for us yet :( Yucky weather so far :(
Oh...and I am pretty happy with season finale's so far....waiting for American Idol though :)

Anonymous said...

Yassou! Really means Howdy Baby!

Heather said...

Very Funny BOBBY!!!!

There was an irishman at the festival, when he asked Catherine if she knew what Yassou meant, she said no, and he said that it means, "Hello" or "Howdy Baby!" :)