Monday, May 16, 2005

Devotions/Exercise & Survivor

In my Ladies Bible Study last week - we decided we'd call each other each day for encouragement & accountability. We all have the same goals - trying to have a small devotional each morning before the day gets to busy and to try to get some exercise in too. I tend to put these two things off for later in the day - and then something happens and I don't always get them done. So I'm turning a new leaf, and I'm really going to try and be scheduled and organized in my daily routines. I've said this before and failed...so hopefully this time it will last longer than just 3 days! :)

Daily Devotional at Our Daily Bread today was in Ephesians 2:4-10. And the thought for the day is...
  • Jesus gave His all for us; are we giving our all for Him?
Now, I can contemplate this more while I'm on the treadmill for the next 30 minutes! :)

Today I've already started 2 rounds of laundry, and got the dishwasher started (forgot to start it last night - so in went the breakfast dishes), did my devotional & picked up the living room.
I have to get the rest of the laundry done today so that I don't dissapoint DH - he wasn't thrilled with me this morning when he realized he didn't have any clean white undershirts! Oops!

-----------------------
Talking about Survivor - if you haven't watched it yet then skip over this...
-----------------------

So going into the final four, here is how I wanted the line up to be (Edited to say: With the 4 that made it, this is how I ranked them); #1 Tom, #2, Ian, #3 Katie, #4 Jen.

Watching all the banter about Survivor I think everyone was really hard on Ian & Katie. I wasn't a huge fan for Katie - I think she should have been voted off before Stephanie (I would have loved to have seen her in the final 4 with Bobby Jon, Ian & Tom!) but I felt really sorry for her and what everyone said to/about her. As for Ian - he was doing what he had to to survive in the game, you can't really fault him for that, can you? He really shocked me with what he did in the last challenge....I'm not sure I would have done that - but good for him! I'd love to hear what his family said about it. :)

As for Tom - who doesn't love that man? ;) I thought he played such an honest game! I don't recall him lying about anything. He may have misguided or let others think something else - but I don't think he ever said an outright lie. He played a respectable game - and I'm glad someone with integrity and honesty finally won the game - showing that you don't have to "lie, cheat, steal & claw" your way to the end. I wonder howthe jury would have voted if it did come down to Tom & Ian. Anyways, I wish all the best for them all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather I'm in! I want to be better about devotions (I am hoping to start "A Purpose Driven Life" tomorrow...got it for my bday)! I also need to be better about exercising and eating better which we are starting tomorrow too ;) NOW.....Survivor! I agree with you....love Tom, would have loved to see the same 4 in the last 4 and then to see Steph win it all...but was happy that Tom won out of the 4 he had with him! I love Survivor! Can't wait for Sept :)

Anonymous said...

Heather I am with you all the way on healthy eating and excerise. It certainly is going to make us feel better!

Now on Survivor I cannot comment. I think that is the only reality tv show I do not watch! how can that be!

{r}