Wednesday, May 25, 2005

Grocery Store

Okay I'll admit it, I don't like going to the grocery store - not for a quick stop or for the big shopping. It just isn't fun, and I've never liked it you can ask my mom! :) LOL

  1. All the "good for you food" is so expensive!
  2. Over $4 for a box of cereal - I don't think so!
  3. Isles are never wide enough (especially with those cardboard displays in the middle of the isle
  4. I almost never remember to bring my list that I've carefully planned! LOL
  5. Bagged groceries never fit back nicely in the cart (especially when using one of those race car hybrid shopping carts that the kids love riding in!
Now, if you ever saw my groceries lined up on the conveyer belt - you'd see that I'm making it easy on the person who has to bagging. I send forth all my heavy stuff (watermelon, soda, milk, etc) first, then all my canned goods, followed by my boxed goods, then my frozen goods, meats then cold items followed up by fresh produce & bread. Sounds organized right?

So all my canned goods should be together in the bags, and so on, right? Well you'd hope so anyways! But they never are! This erks me to no end, absolutely drives me crazy! Why oh why would anyone think it's okay to throw a bag of fruit on top of meat? Why? That is so gross it makes me angry!

Today was no different from any other trip. The bagger was new according to his "In Training" tag on his apron. I didn't say anything when he "threw" my graham cracker pie crust into a bag with other goods (I just removed it myself and put it in the bag with other "soft" baked goods like marshmallows & coconut) but I couldn't believe it when I had to request him to remove my bread from the bag he just bagged (in it was a few cans, a box of something and my bread. He removes the loaf of bread - I hold back the sigh I want to release at an audible level and politely ask him to remove the hot dog buns as well since they would get crushed too.

Hello - isn't this just common sense? I realize that this guy is new but hasn't he ever helped his mother bring groceries in from the car - with her reminder to not to crush the bread? My 2 year old knows this! It's exhausting is what it is!

Okay, I'm done ranting and raving now. Please tell me about your shopping experiences. Do you enjoy going? Is it a treat for you? Or do you dread it?

I hate complaining so now I'll share something good! :)

The one saving grace is that my two kids are close to perfect in the store. I really don't mind taking them. They are so well behaved. They throw out suggestions for the fruit to get, they ride along in the car portion of the car and wait so patiently. They always get to pick 1 snack each (with my approval of course) and this makes them happy so they don't beg for everything that they see. I'm really lucky or else just smart (LOL) because we started this little "tradition" at an early age!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather I am exactly the same way. I am so anal when it comes to how groceries should be packed. I thought I was a freak because there is a particular order that I send my items through the checkout. Anal shoppers unite!

{r}