Friday, May 13, 2005

Date Night!

Thursday, Bobby calls me from work and asks me to call our babysitter to come out Friday night and watch the girls. Luckily she could (so last minute!), and we had the night together just for us! I dressed up in my cute new red shirt and black slacs.

We went out to eat at a Tai Restaraunt (his choice, not mine), then we did some shopping around at a few stores...then we had drinks and appetizer at Dukes Bar & Grille on the river front - we sat out on the deck - it was so plesant! Afterwards, we went over to city island in Harrisburg - caught the fire works display (the ending to the Senators baseball game tonight) then we went to a coffee shop and had our latte & mocha! :) Yumm...what a wonderful evening! The best part though? Spending a very spontanious night (we just did things on a whim) with my best friend - my husband.

I've been feeling yucky with allergies (never really suffered from them before - but our pollen is out of control - our car is now YELLOW) and I haven't had the energy to really de-clutter the house this week - because we all know that if you don't stay on top of it clutter will take over the house! :) LOL So, having a sitter coming over was the kick in the behind that I needed to get the house picked back up! :) It's great having a clean house - it feels so nice!

The girls are getting older, and even though they're only 2 and 5 - they really are big helpers with cleaning! :) You have to teach them young - right?! :) Abby has to be directed with every step - but she's great at picking up crayons and getting them back in their container - picking up paper (she has learned to use scissors and cuts paper all the time - so small scraps of paper are always everywhere!), and getting toys up to her room. Catherine is great - I can ask her to go pick up in the living room and she does a great job. Oh, and she loves to dust, she'll even help use the hose attachment on the vaccumm to clean in one area (good for under the dining room table!). Anyways...the girls are very helpful and enjoy helping me - it's great and I'm enjoying it while it lasts! :) LOL

Oh, I got my prize package from 2Peas - the Chatterbox Gallery Page kit....I got papers, stickers, titles, ribbon/fibers, wood tags & frames - it's a great prize and can't wait to use it! It was fun to win something - I always feel like I never win anything - but during NSD I really felt like I was going to win something :) and I did! :) I'm still excited over it - can you tell?

No comments: