Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Have you Read today?

My friend Jenn and her 4 year old, that normally watches Abby for me while I do school stuff, had pink eye. Abby's pink eye cleared up the day they came down with it. Arggh....I felt awful...Abb had the antibiotic drops for 24 hrs before they saw each other, we lysold everything Abby touched... :( Anyways...

Yesterday I took Abby with me to Catherine's school for a RIF distribution (where the whole school get's a free book). She was SO good. I was so proud of her. She sat in her little spot and kept herself occupied with all the goodies we brought in her own little Dora backpack.

Last night we had girl scouts. Catherine has earned a few petals already for Daisy's but their tunics aren't in yet so they can't see what they're earning. I stayed and helped since I brought in the snack.

Today I have to go to the school as a guest reader. I'm reading a book to a 2nd grade class and to the one of the 3rd grade classes. I don't know what I'll be reading yet, but it needs to take about 15 minutes. I just got the call to do this yesterday late afternoon. I had already been to the library (I took the girls yesterday morning) so I'm not prepared...I really dislike not being prepared. I'll figure it out though.

Catherine has a reading goal of 15 min a day and a ton of other activities (the school is aiming for 20,000 points). We got the American Girl Collection....Felicity & Kaya books. I think we should take the Kaya books back, I don't see us reading all of them in just 2 weeks.

Right now we're reading Meet Felicity. Last night we read the 1st chapter, I need to get off of here and read them the 2nd chapter while they're finger painting. :) Fun, fun, fun! :)

No comments: