Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Long day today

I had an appointment this morning at 10am to get our car's state inspection & emissions test done today. What should have cost somewhere in the neighborhood of $50 cost me almost 10 times that! Ugh.....Darn brakes!

The thing that really bugs me is that they try to make you spend more than what you need done. Don't ever take what they tell you you need at face value. Ask questions, really dig in to find out what's really going on. I seem to always get the guys that think that they can take advantage of me {a woman}. I hate taking the car in for anything...I'd much rather my husband do it.

Since I had both girls with me, we walked to Wal-Mart shopped there for an hour (this was when I got the call that the brakes needed work). We walk back to the garage to discuss the issue. Issue settled. We walk to A.C. Moores (We need to kill 2 hours...okay that's easy enough to do at A.C. M's but the hard thing will not be coming out of there with a ton of scrapbook items.) and managed to spend the entire 2 hours there...I thought we might hit other stores in the strip but oh well! :) LOL

We walk back to the garage it's now after 1:30 so by 2 we're on our way to McDonald's (a treat for the girls since they were so good). We drove to the special one with the large indoor playground. Once we're out of the car and up to McD's we see a sign that the playland is closed for cleaning (bummer!). That's good to know that it does get cleaned though! So, we eat, then head off to the playground/park since I had promised they could slide. The weather is just beautiful today, so pleasant. They had fun playing, but it was finally time to leave, off to Blockbuster where I return a few movies (the drop off box outside is great, so you don't have to go inside...but they have a trash can right there...I fear that one day I'm going to be in a hurry and not thinking, I'll slip the DVD's in the trashcan slot not the return slot! I'm that "blonde" somedays I tell ya!) that were due on Monday (thank goodness to the end of late fees....I love you Blockbuster!). Then I finally get to head home where I tell the girls that I plan on taking a nap! I'm so tired from walking in the sun all morning/afternoon and just walking around for over 3 hours.

We get home, and to my surprise there's a package! :) Oh I love packages! I knew what it was the moment I saw it...another round for my Circle Journal. There went the plans for a nap! I had to devour that little gem! :) It's Paula's CJ - The soundtrack of my life. So I'll have to figure out which songs will be listed for my playlist...and hopefully I can get them all gathered up and put on a cd...we'll have to see about that. :)

So, what's for dinner? We'll I'm cheating...no home cooked meals tonight...It's a frozen Stouffers Lasagna & Coles Garlic Bread, with a salad! Easy enough and good tasting! :)

I don't know why...but I really write out lengthy posts....sorry about that, I'll try and make them shorter.

No comments: