Friday, February 08, 2008

Pretty Woman

Here I am watching Pretty Woman with Richard Gere and Julia Roberts tonight, and it dons on me as I see the large cell phone (LOL those were huge!) in one of the early scenes that this movie was aired 18 years ago. Doesn't that seem imposible...that it was 18 years ago? I went and saw this with my best friend Peggy at the movie theater...we were way to young, we must have been 12! I remember the pimple-faced ticket seller giving us a hard timeIt's one of those classic movies (classic in my lifetime sorta way) that you just can't resist watching over again...much like Overboard (with Goldie Hawn and Kurt Russell), Breakfast Club, or Ferris Bueller's Day Off.

Peggy, wow, we had some great times together. She lived in Paris Tennessee, originally she was from California, and moved to TN with her family. Since I lived in KY, we meet through Mike & Becky hosting our church Teen/Youth Groups. Peggy and I instantly clicked and became the best of friends. We spent so much time on the phone and once we got together there was no splitting us apart. I could go on and on with fun memories. We've lost touch over the years though. Once I left home, we emailed a lot, she came out and saw me once after Bobby and I got married and while we were still at Ft. Lee, VA. She transferred from Murray State out to Texas and interned with the Dallas Cowboys Press Department. She lived her dream because she was the Cowboys #1 fan and had a thing for Troy Aikman. :) I'm in the process of trying to track her down again! I hate loosing touch with friends, and I have done it over and over in my life. Even with my family....I'm trying to get better at it and I'm trying to get back in touch with a few cousins that I grew up with and have lost touch with over the years.

I know, several posts now without pictures....please don't hate me! :) I'll try and take some fun ones soon and post.

No comments: