Monday, February 04, 2008

A miserable cold

I've been sick with a miserable cold all weekend long. I started to feel it's effects Thursday and it hit me hard Friday. I've had the weight of an elephant on my chest - my brain sloshing around my skull from coughing, and more mucus than I can deal with! I don't have tissues and my nose is sore because TP just isn't quite as nice....and I was just in the store Thursday morning!

This happened to be the same weekend that my lovely husband was away and I had plans on hanging out with my friends, and doing fun stuff with the girls. Instead...I plopped my butt on the sofa and vegged watching movies. I spent the weekend with my hottie Matt Daman (the Bourne trilogy), Bruce Willis (12 Monkeys), Mel Gibson (What Women Want) and kid movies (Garfield, Ella Enchanted, Perfect Man, etc...) with my girls.

All the while I'm still trying to wrap up the last final details of my big PTO reading challenge & monthly meeting. Hard to do with the effects of cold medicine.

On the good side, I spent some fun time with the girls reading to them and watching tv/movies. On the bad side, I didn't get the house spotless and laundry folded like I had planned. Also, I had to cancel plans with 2 sets of friends because I felt so miserable. :(

Yes - I'm whining slightly. I haven't had a cold in a few years I think....I had forgotten how miserable they are (could I say miserable one more time?).

Bright side....my hubby is coming home late tomorrow night and I can't wait to get to see him!

Hey this will brighten anyones day..... Don't forget to check out Shabby Pincess' page and grab your free February desktop wallpaper (I used to create my own, and change them periodically, but now I download hers every month and simply add a couple photos).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Feel better Heather!
I keep hearing about so many sick people.
Hugs but stay away ;)
of course, it's always nice to have an excuse to not get dressed and watch movies :)