Thursday, May 03, 2007

100, 99,...

So, I've been using the countdown on my google homepage,
and the yesterday when I realized that I only had 100 days left in my twenties, I decided to change my attitude. I'm going to see how much I can acomplish in the next 100 days! :) LOL At the very least, enjoy and soak in the next 99 days! :)

I've still been going to the gym a lot and watching what I eat. Since last September I've lost over 30 pounds and have kept it off. In the last couple days I've gotten a lot of compliments from people about it which really makes me feel good! When I don't feel like working out I just think about how nice it is to have all this extra energy and loose fitting clothes. I've dropped a few dress sizes which is a nice plus....shopping is fun - but expensive! Swim suit season is upon us...and I'm not completely happy about my tummy and thighs. So, these are my target areas to work on. Having goals is a good thing - right?! :)


My hair was a nasty dark red - which I changed tonight ....so basically now I've got lighter red hair. Which looks better. I tried to take some pictures so please ignore my HUGE nose! :) LOL Anyways, it looks something like this (different light, different shade - you know the drill):




Other news: I took Abby for a visit to her Kindergarten classroom, to meet her teacher & principal(although, she's already meet them and knows them well, since she goes with me to the school all the time for PTO stuff.) and to see some other new kindergartners.

We had a meeting with our home owner association, and we get to replace all the roofs of our town houses out of the reserves with no additional cost to us! (Huge Who-hooo for that) Now the neighborhood will look great with all new roofs and no lacing of shingles. Which means our property value will go up. :)



Catherine got to go to work with her dad for the "Bring your son & daughter to work" day. It was a long day, with them getting up at 5:30 am. I sent them each off with a travel mug, hot cocoa for Catherine and Starbucks Breakfast Blend Coffee for Dad. She wanted to wear her dress from Limited Too that she wore for the first day of school, she had her nails done, hair all fixed and she was feeling pretty! Dad reported later that she was full of energy and having a great time. They went to eat at TGI Fridays, she got to have a tour, she got a monkey and other little goodies. She had to write a report about her day and turn it in for school.

I'm still very busy volunteering at Catherine's school. Today I went in and hung art from two different classrooms out in the hallways preparing for their open house next week. Speaking of next week, we have a book distribution which will keep me at the school for 2 days. I'm so glad that I'm able to go and help out a lot at her school. It's great getting to know all the kids in her class.

Yesterday, Catherine had one of her good friends over to play, which was a boy. They played so well together. He had the best manners too, his mom would have been so proud! They wanted to have a sleep over - luckily it was a play date in the middle of the weeks, so a simple answer of "no, it won't work you have school tomorrow - it's a school night" worked (for now). :)

This weekend, we have Catherine's tennis game and then a party to go to. Catherine's friend and our neighbor is having her Holy Communion party. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hee hee hee on counting! You are a young one missy ;)
Loved hearing about C's day with Dad. Very fun memory!
You look amazing Heather! Way to go on the weight loss!

screen-name said...

Catherine looked so cute all dressed up to go to work with Dad. I bet she was tickled about having her own travel mug. :0)

Okay, just wondering... How many pics did you have to take of yourself to choose from before you finally decided one was acceptable enough to post?? LOL.

You look so skinny in that pic as a coach for Cat's tennis game!! Way to go!!