Monday, May 14, 2007

Happy Mother's Day

Yesterday was a really nice Mother's Day. I woke up to Catherine bringing me coffee (Starbucks Breakfast blend - one of my favorites), shortly after that she and Abby brought me breakfast in bed. Bobby and the girls made pecan pancakes from scratch. Catherine gave me the gifts that she made for me at school and girl scouts.

I came downstairs and the girls gave me the gifts they picked out by themselves while they were shopping for me. Abby got me a purple butterfly pillow (yes, she's 4 - LOL) and Catherine got me some metallic pink nail polish. Then they gave me the gift that Dad helped them pick out for me; Estee Lauder's skin essentials to go. It was all so sweet and thoughtful. Oh, and they gave me the remote so that I could choose what we watched on tv! :)

It was so beautiful outside yesterday too. Bobby fixed the tires on Catherine's bike and took her training wheels off. He held it steady for her and ran with her a few steps, let go, and she was off riding on her own. She first rode around in the grass, then we went to the smooth blacktop (it had a hill, so we didn't try long there - it was a little scary for her), next we went out in the cul-de-sac and she rode around. She did great for her first time riding a bike. She really needs to learn to consistently use her brakes instead of just jumping off the bike. She kept dumping the bike which drove me crazy, she'd try to just give up which drove Bobby crazy. In the end, she got the hang of it and had fun.

Later in the evening, Catherine and Abby went outside to play, we asked her if she wanted to ride her bike and she said "No, that's okay, I'm done riding my bike for the day", not 5 minutes later she came running back inside asking permission to ride her bike because her neighborhood friend Ellen came up on her bike. :) HA-HA Peer pressure at it's finest! :) She rode around in the cul-de-sac with Ellen and Abby all on their bikes - it was great.

-Tennis is going great, right now the Deuces are winning 9-3 (well, I don't know what 1 other teams score's are, it could be close, last week they were 7-2 if they won all three sets then they'd be in the lead). The kids are improving so much each week and they're having so much fun which is what matters the most.

-Tonight is our last PTO meeting of the year. I'm glad it will be the last minutes that I'll need to type up! :) Our President is stepping down, she and her husband are having a new baby so she'll be busy with a newborn next year. I was nominated to be President. At first I was apprehensive and wasn't sure if I wanted the position but after thinking about it I accepted. I'm looking forward to it and the positive role I can play. The RIF committee I've been on this year is in a transition period as we're losing our RIF funding so I've been busy doing lots of research trying to figure things out, so I can share options tonight.


----------Survivor Talk Ahead....if it's sitting in your DVR then skip over--------


I had to laugh at myself as we watched the last episode last night. I was practically yelling at the tv. I had no real problems with Boo and thought he played a pretty decent game (Wow, that man cleans up nice too!), but what drove me crazy was that Cassandra was there at the end - she just completely coasted and didn't deserve to sit at the final 3 (I knew that would happen too, I called it early on in the show). Dreamz....huh, do I even need to say anything?! It made me so angry that he went back on his word. I realize it's a game, and people go back on their word all the time....but not at the cost of a brand new loaded truck!!! How in the world can you take something like that from someone and not go through with your promise. How can he drive that with a free conscious? I feel really bad for YouMan - I would have hoped that Dreamz would have said, look I want this immunity necklace but you can have the truck back. *Sigh*
I wanted to see YouMan and Earl as the final two because they played the game really well. I was glad to see that Earl won, he seems like a really nice guy. It was a shame that the 4 Horsemen got broken down It would have been fun to have seen them in the finals (with the exception of Dreamz - he could have been voted off a long time ago).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Belated Mother's Day Heather!
I was happy to see Earl win too.