Sunday, April 22, 2007

Tennis - Game On!


Saturday Catherine had her first tennis match (Ralleyball to be exact). :) She had a lot of fun, which is what it's all about at this age. She's all set with a cute little tennis skirt/short outfit, her Ash colored team T-Shirt and pink Barbie Tennis racket (Oh and her pink tennis balls for when we practice before the games).
Did I tell you that I'm one of the coaches for her team? Along with another Dad, which coached last year (that takes a lot of pressure off of me!). It's a lot of fun. Last Tuesday we had our coaches meeting where I learned lots of great tips and got my coaches packet.
There are 8 girls on her team, which keeps them rotating pretty frequently. It was a lot of fun!!! I'm not sure if we won or not, I didn't think to ask! :) LOL I'll ask next week. (How sad is that?!) :) They play 3 sets each game - 1 game each Saturday. At the end of the season, they'll earn ribbons for playing.
Catherine had fun playing, but needs a lot of work! I'm so sad to say that our poor girl has little athletic ability! I know it's terrible to say, but it's true. She rocked at the talent show, and is already reading at a 2nd grade end of the year reading level, she's very creative in telling/writing stories, and she's great at math - so she certainly has her talents. She just struggles a bit when it comes to sports. She's got a great attitude about it so far (which is what is important to Bobby and me both) and since we've practiced more this weekend, she's already improving her skills a bit. So we'll see how far she can go. I certainly hope she does well, so that I can have a tennis partner! :)

2 comments:

Cami said...

Tennis coach??! How cool! And everything is better w/ pink balls!!!

Anonymous said...

She's adorable with that pink racket!
So happy to read all of these updates Heather!