Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Spring is almost here...

I hope you all had a great St. Patricks Day! Catherine had an early dismissal at school due to the snow we had. Beforehand they had some shamrock cookies that their teacher got for them. :)

We ended up canceling our sitter and reservations at the restaurant on Friday. We let ourselves stay snowed in. It was nice and relaxing. We'll go out sometime to the nice restaurant just for the fun of it. Bobby and I normally meet for dinner on Wednesdays. I drop the kids off at church for their Awana groups then I meet him at whatever restaurant we've chosen (lately it has been Thai - I love their coconut & red curry chicken! - Yummy!). It's nice having a scheduled date night mid-week. It has done wonders for us. I really look forward to it. I love my husband, it's been a great 11 years!

Sunday after church we went to our friends Tim & Lisa's house, Dave & Ruth were there with their kids, and Steve & Neva and their older sons. It was our potluck dinner that we have every other month. I took brought very traditional American food! :) My meatloaf recipe that's made with stove-top stuffing (every time I've ever made it for someone, they're surprised how good it is and they always want the recipe), home made baked macaroni, pink lemonade (in my new juice decanter from Target) and a German chocolate cake. I made the Lava Cake - using Pampered Chef's quick rice cooker - it takes 10 minutes in the microwave. I mixed the cake mix up according to the package (I replaced the oil with apple sauce...something I always do to make it just little better for us) the night before, and placed 3 scoops (I used my medium pampered chef cookie scoop) of the coconut/pecan frosting in the middle of the cake mix. At their house, while we were eating, I put the cake in, and 10 minutes later, it was done. The icing was all gooey and melted - the cake was cooked just fine and very yummy. Everyone loved the novelty of it. There happened to be 3 cakes though...mine, a yellow/chocolate birthday Cake and Tiramisu Cake (Lisa turns 40 on Thursday).

Spring is tomorrow!!!! Rita's Italian Ice gives away a free small ice, and Duncan Donuts gives out free iced coffee. I think I just may have to go out and get some spring stuff done tomorrow and pick some up! ;)

1 comment:

Cami said...

I'm looking for an Easter update and alas, only St. Patty's Day. Hope the girls had a delightful Easter. Miss you!