Thursday, March 15, 2007

I love Target & all things pink! :)

I had a great day today! First off, it's our 11th Anniversary!!!!!! It sprinkled off and on today, which it did 11 years ago down in Virginia when we got married. Although, on our wedding day we had rainbows that popped up all over the skies.....including double and triple rainbows! :) Our very own special wedding day gift from God! :)

Anyways...this morning I had a MOPS meeting - great food and fun as always. We did a round of Fast Friends (kinda like speed dating, but speed friend chatting) it was a fun way to get to know other women that I really haven't had a chance to talk to before.

After that, I had lunch with Jenn then we decided a trip to Target would be great! ;) I don't know what came over me, but I bought a ton of pink things today!

Every spring I look at the pink mixing bowls and think, I would love those! Well, I finally bought some! :) The two smaller ones are ceramic while the larger one is that melamine plastic type. I also bought a really cute bunny egg holder along with two other (for soft boiled eggs...not that I eat them...but hey they were cute, and they always look so cute in magazines!) pink egg holders. They aren't in the picture, because apparently Abby walked off with them some time earlier this evening. I'll find them tomorrow, probably in her room with her little bitty dollies in them or something! :)

Oh, I got a really supper cute little plush white bunny for Abby (in the dollar spot). I picked Catherine up a Hello Kitty Stationary set too.



I got some really cute spring shoes for Abby. I have to go back with Catherine so she can pick out a pair, after all she is 7 and loves picking out her own things. I did pick up a couple cute tops and tennis skirts.



I got myself a pair of pink shoes at Payless last night after I got a haircut. Today, at Famous Footwear I picked up a pair of slides and a pair of sandals with a good heal on it for when I wear jeans this summer. I had hoped to find some brown shoes, but I didn't find any I really liked. So, these will do for now. :)


Oh, so I got a couple really cute little skirts (with the shorts under them) for Catherine when she plays tennis this spring...well I also bought PINK tennis balls!!! :) How cool is that? A portion of the purchase goes to a really great cause and we get PINK tennis balls....I'm loving it!!!!!!! So cool!

So, last night at Sears I found a $60+ Levi Denim Jacket on the clearance rack for only $3.99. Needless to say I snatched it up. It was the only one there, the sleeves are a little long, but I just rolled it back once into a cuff and it works! :)

Bobby has the day off tomorrow (YEAH!) which means we get to stay up late tonight! :) LOL So I'm blogging while he's playing his X-Box 360. Tomorrow night we'll go out to diner at a really great restaurant that Jenn told us about then maybe catch a movie (I want to see Premonition with Sandra Bullock, Bobby wants to see 300 both are supposed to be really good movies....but a girl wants, what a girl wants!) We might not even go see a movie, we tend to play things by the ear, personally I'd like to have it all scheduled out, but hay, that doesn't work for my guy! :) LOL -Anyways we have the whole night because the girls are spending the night at our friends house -Thank you Laura! :D Yipee!

Catherine is all excited about St. Patricks day. She had her teacher in stitches on Tuesday because she was talking in her "Irish accent"! :) LOL It was way too funny! Monday, she told me that her favorite part about St. Patricks was the saying "Kiss Me, I'm Irish!". I told her that we were Irish (good ole American Mix; French, Scottish, Irish, etc..) She lit up, and asked what language they spoke. I told her they spoke English, but with a thick accent then proceeded to do my feeble attempt at an Irish Accent. :) So, apparently she went to school the next day talking in her Irish accent - which cracked up her teacher! :) I was in the school on Wednesday to do the Famous Artist program that our PTO supports and her teacher told me all about it! :)


Speaking of the art program, I played with water colors this past week. I forgot how much fun painting is. Granted, my stuff looks like a child painted it (which was a little intentional since I was taking them as examples...I did some other easier ones like balloons and fruit but I also did a really cool castle...one of the boys took it because he really liked it, and used it as a guide to paint his own castle), it was so much fun just playing! I need to pull out my good set of water colors and pick up a few crayola sets for the girls so we can paint together for the rainy days that will be coming up here this spring.


Well, I think that's enough for now! Have a great weekend!


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lots of shopping!
I love all of the pink :)
Your painting is fabulous Heather.
Happy Anniversary...hope you got to see the movie you wanted to see ;)

and 30 is nothing.....hear me ;)

Anonymous said...

Ugh... pink!! You know my feelings on pink! :-)

But okay, I give in... My baby girl looks adorable in pink. *sigh* Hopefully, she'll outgrow it. HAHA