Friday, March 09, 2007

Family Fun

We had our Family Fun Day at Catherine's school earlier this month. It's a typical carnival type day at the school. The night before Bobby and I went to help pull all the games down from the attic, then we were there early Saturday morning to help set up.

Towards the end of the day I realized I hadn't gotten any pictures, so I snapped a few of the girls, then Catherine took the camera and went around and too pictures. I'm amazed at the pictures that she took. They came out so well, she focused on getting pictures of people, and she did a great job I'm proud to say. Here's one I took of Abby on the inflatable.


Here's one she snapped of me. This was just after a few of us PTO moms, a couple teachers and the principal did a Video-Kareoke song (it was a beach boys song that I didn't know - something about school). Warning though - this was taken after I've been up since 5 am and working/running around all day. :)



Bobby was away earlier this week - he's home now, and we're all happy! We miss him when he's gone. He's such a good dad! Bobby helped out all day at FFD too, it was a STOP! No work, All Play Saturday...with a bit of a construction/traffic signs theme. The guys all helped out with the food in the kitchen, and they wore those bright yellow reflective vests, while the rest of us had these cool t-shirts (it helped the kids to identify those who were "working" and could help them if needed).

The weekend is coming up and we hope to do something fun. Our 11th anniversary is coming up (on the 15th) so we have the girls scheduled to have a sleepover with a friend. We're not sure what we'll be doing this year. Last year we went to a great B&B. I don't want to spend too much this year though, we have lots of summer vacation plans.


I'm still planning on our big 25th annv - we want to travel to England, Ireland, and Scotland. Of course I'd love to make a day trip over to Paris to see the Eifel tower, and to eat some pastries at one of the cafe's outside.


Oh, so Dr. Suesses birthday was this month. Last week I went in to the school to cook some green eggs and ham (sadly, I forgot to take my camera) but before Catherine went to school I snapped a quick picture of her. They were to wear red & white in honor of Dr. Suess...but we went a little further (yes, her hair is frizzy on purpose).





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

LOL on the little thing 1 ;)
YOu look great and the family fun thing looks like a great time!
Good to see a new update :)
Hope you are well!