Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I know, I'm slacking!

I haven't had a post on here in awhile. It's been so busy here. Last Friday night we had our annual Christmas Party. Which of course took a lot of prep work. This year I did everything myself and didn't let friends bring anything. (I thought it'd be nice for them)

  • Herb roasted red potatoes with sourcream/horseradish pipped on.
  • Mini dough sausages
  • Stuffed Cherry tomatoes
  • Bread bowl with Spinnache/herb dip
  • Shrimp & Cucumber dip & Crackers
  • Cheese & Sausages
  • Chicken & Veggie Soup
  • Chilli
  • Tripple Espresso Brownies
  • Peppermint Moment Cookies
  • Coconut Macaroons
  • Ghirardelli Chocolate Fondu w/Strawberries, Cherries, Angel Food Cake, Pretzels & Marshmallows
  • Cranberry/Rasberry Punch
  • Eggnog
  • Coffee
  • Soda

It was a lot of work, but well worth it. Everyone seemed to have a great time. :) The house was beautiful, the Chocolate Fondu was a hit!!!

Yesterday afternoon I helped out at school for the Kid Writing, then had our "Coffee" with "the girls" then it was dinner time, then PTO meeting.

I'm helping at the school for RIF (Reading is Fundamental) today and tomorrow are the distribution days to give every kid in the school a free book to take home & keep. In January we're having a Mega Huge event, where our school has been selected to give out the 300 millionth book that RIF has given. It's huge...I'm talking national media coverage here!

I've got to go get my nails filled in, we've got to get our tree this weekend (it's the only Christmas decoration not up), next week I've got a Ladies Christmas Candlelight dinner, Christmas Concert, Girl Scouts, my final MOPS meeting for this session, and there's something else I can't remember right now. Whew! Lots going on!

Oh, I have to make phone calls to plan the Class Christmas party at school and make calls to get parents to send in a few bucks so I can get the Teacher a Christmas gift. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew! 1st...happy you didn't delete your blog....I tried to come the other day but it looked like it was gone forever.
now.....take a breath and relax....you are so busy! Happy the party went well...sounds so awesome! The food...yummmmmy! Post pics of your decorated home :)