Thursday, December 29, 2005

Holiday Tagged

Thanks Maureen! You're the first person to EVER Tag me! :)

Hot Chocolate or Egg nog?
-Both

Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree?
-All presents are wrapped!

Colored or white lights on the tree/house?
-White lights outside (always!). I'd love to have white lights on the tree, but hubby and kids all love the colored lights. How could I not let them have them? BUT...someday I'm going to have my own tree with white lights, and just sparkly ornaments that are white/silver/crystal, etc...

Do you hang mistletoe?
Some years we do. We didn't this year.

When do you decorate?
Anytime after Thanksgiving. I like doing it that weekend or the first week of December.

What is your favorite holiday dish?
This was the first year that I actually cooked a Christmas Dinner (normally we go to someone's house and I just bring a dish along). I'm not sure what everyone eats traditionally, we had a ham and lots of sides that I made for Thankgsiving. So....my answer is my sweet potatoes with caramel sauce.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child?
You know, I have so many wonderful memories, here are a few...
  • Sitting infront of the fireplace on the raised hearth with my Dad, drinking hot chocolate and just talking
  • Big Christmas Eve family gathering at our house, Dad's side of the family would come over...all of us cousins played and had a blast...lot of food!
  • Decorating Christmas cookies with Mom and my sisters
  • Driving all around looking at the lights and Christmas Decorations, singing Christmas Carols
  • Christmas Morning opening presents
  • Christmas Afternoon till late at my Grandparents house, playing with all my other cousins (My mom's side of the family)

How and when did you learn the truth about Santa?
I actually never believed. We weren't taught to believe in Santa....it was just fun make-believe that we played into though.


Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
We've always opened 1 gift on Christmas Eve


What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa on Christmas Eve?

Decorated Sugar Cookies


Snow! Love it or hate it?

Love it! Except for driving on it....ice is a scary thing!

Can you ice skate?
Sure Can! Up until last year, I had never fallen either! I'm also no where near Pro!


Do you remember your favorite gift?
Years ago when Bobby got me beautiful Diamond Earrings...and this year's KA Mixer!

What’s your favorite holiday dessert?
Anything! Pies, Cakes, Cookies, you name it!

What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
I love so much about Christmas...setting up the Nativity, decorating the tree, playing Christmas Music & singing, Wrapping gifts...If I have to choose 1 thing, it's doing something nice for someont that doesn't expect it!


What is your favorite Christmas Carol?
Again, there are so many...it's hard to choose just 1. I'll go with Away in a Manger....it's one that I've always loved.


Are they fake or real? Er, I mean...What type of tree?
LOL :) Real all the way!


.....and I'm going to tag Cami (I know Maureen tagged her already...but I don't see that she's done it yet!) :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm happy I got to be the first to tag you :) I'll remember that....for the next time too!

Loved reading this Heather :)

Anonymous said...

Hot Chocolate or Egg Nog?

HOT TEA! I'll drink hot choc. Keep the egg nog.

Does Santa wrap the presents or just set them under the tree?
-All presents are wrapped!

Colored or white lights on the tree/house?
-Everybody does white. I do all colored as of this year!

Do you hang mistletoe?
No, but I put green m&m's in Steve's stocking!

When do you decorate?
Anytime after Thanksgiving. I like doing it that weekend or the first week of December.

What is your favorite holiday dish?
King Crab Legs... We do a seafood feast on Christmas Eve.

Favorite Holiday memory as a child?

Finding Kelly & her toy elephant under my tree. Kelly & her Ellie. I so desperately wanted that doll.

My Grandma's house. The single white light in her window w/ snow gently falling to the ground. I knew I was home. Safe.

How and when did you learn the truth about Santa?

I SO BELIEVE!


Do you open gifts on Christmas Eve?
As a child we opened one gift. Now the kid's open a lot of their gifts from aunts, uncles and cousins...


What kind of cookies do you set out for Santa on Christmas Eve?

Varies by year. This year we made gingerbread cookies. YUMMY!


Snow! Love it or hate it?

Love it! Except for driving on it....ice is a scary thing!

Can you ice skate?

I was a ballerina as a child. Serious about it. So ice skating was strictly forbidden because it was so hard on your ankles and I was on point shoes @ 10. So NO!


Do you remember your favorite gift?

So many. Things my children have made me.

Steve bought me my first queen size bed in 1989! It was a waterbed and so warm in Colorado winters.

My stepmom typed up the journal she kept as my Dad was dying of Cancer. She gave it to all of us kids 8 years after he died. She also gave me an antique mug of my Dad's after he had died with a note in it about how much he loved me. She is so special to me. Words cannot explain.

I am always touched by heartfelt gifts from my sister and close friends.


What’s your favorite holiday dessert?

I'm a glutton for punishment. I eat it all!


What’s your favorite holiday tradition?
I am fond of sending and receiving Christmas greetings. I don't care how high postage goes I will always send cards.


What is your favorite Christmas Carol?

Silver Bells, I'll Be Home For Christmas and I'll Have A Blue Christmas.

I miss my Mom even more than usual during the holidays. The music brings it out of me like nothing else. Sad, but a heartfelt warm comforting sad. Hard to explain.


Are they fake or real? All 6 trees are fake, but decorated divinely and w/ love. THEY are real! Home grown!