Tuesday, October 04, 2005

It's October!!!!!

Can you believe it? October already! September just flew by! Autumn is here....the weather is just GORGEOUS...I'm loving it!

I've got my radio flyer wagon out on the front porch filled with a large pumpkin and yellow Mums. We got 5 mum plants from the boy scouts...which need to be planted (man...I forgot to water them today too...I've got to remember to do that in the morning then). I've got to find my little scarecrow too. I've got my fall leaves garland and wreath out too! :) The front of my house is looking pretty cute! :) LOL

Monday we had our first PTO meeting (well, actually the first one was held in conjunction with the family picnic and it was difficult to hear anything)...not very many parents showed up. This concerns me...it makes me wonder just how involved most parents are at this school.

Today I went in to get my TB shot/test so that I can volunteer with the kids. I had a meeting with the teacher to go over how I can help the kindergarten kiddos :) with their handwriting. They are to draw a picture, then write a sentence about that picture (they are creating journals) sometimes they need help because they want to make a "story" instead of a sentence. Then you write out the sentence correctly beneath theirs. Then give them 2 positive remarks of how they wrote their sentence then give one piece of advice for improving it. - This is such a different way of learning than how I was taught when I was in K.

I had coffee with two friends (Jenn & Anne) today...that was nice! :) I came home to my amazon book order that I placed (it arrived early - yeah) for a bible study that a Lisa, Ruth & I do...this one is "Shepherding a Child's Heart".

Thursday I've got MOPS, which I'll be bringing a pastry for. I'll have to make it tomorrow night because MOPS is so early Thursday. We also have Childrens Clubs at church tomorrow night. I've been going to the Inner Change bible study while the kids are in their classes...it's fun. They're the ones that hosted the Murder Mystery Dinner that we went to the other week.

Oh, we went to the Apple Harvest Festival on Saturday, I brought home 1/2 a peck of granny smith apples...so I'll be doing lots of baking! :) Yeah! I LOVE apples!!! I love apple crisp...apple pie...apple fritters...Etc... :) Yummy!!! :)

I went shopping at Target on Monday, and got some AWESOME scrapbooking goodies...Marcella by K...has such pretty papers...I got a paper pack of pinks & browns....love it!!! There was only one pack there, otherwise I may have been tempted to buy more than just one! :) I love argyle!!!! I'm so sycked that it's back!
I got a gorgeous round paper lantern for the girls room. It's from the shabby line Target has. I was hoping to find a shabby twin bed spread(s). No luck...I'm bummed. I've heard lots of others finding loads of Shabby Chic stuff....I'm hoping I'll find more on another trip later on.
I also replaced my snow-cone maker AKA ice chipper for my soda's and iced coffees! :D

Yeah, I've been busy! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Phew Heather...you *have* been busy!
I love fall...love it! You reminded me...I haven't watered my mums since I got them...YIKES! I need to do that today! I think I'll take a picture of my fall "decor" so I can scrap it...LOVE to decorate for fall :)
Hope you scrap with your new goodies soon!