Tuesday, October 11, 2005

I'm going to be the "Room Coordinator"! :)

I got the call, and I get to be the Room Coordinator for Catherine's class! :) Yeah!!! I'm so excited!!!! I've dreamed of being the room mom since I was pregnant with Catherine over 5 years ago! :) Yeah!!! :) My first job is coordinating the Fall Party!

On other news....I've been so busy! Busy with friends, busy with re-organizing our home, busy prepping the walls to paint, re-arranging furniture (again) :), etc...
I got the girls room cleaned back up. I also pulled everything out from the storage closet and we put in a new cabinet, new shelf and re-organized this closet yet again! A 1/4 of the stuff is still in the living room....which needs to find homes or the curb. Today I'm working on getting the living room back in place...with any luck I'll be painting the room tomorrow.

Tomorrow is the grand opening of the grocery store (GIANT) I'm excited....they have a kid zone where they'll watch your kids (ages 3-11) there's grocery vallet (they'll load your car up....like stores used to do!)...they have those new scanners where you can scan in all your purchases as you load your cart so you know how much $ you've got in there...and other time saving things....there's a chef that prepares food there...several different cafe's and food options (italian, chinese, deli, etc...) tons of cool stuff. :)

It's rained so much here over the weekend! We went to a wedding (we were close to Maryland) Saturday...it was supposed to be an outdoor wedding...and they're "back-up...in case it rains" plan was pretty poor. We had to sit under a somewhat leaky tent and blowing winds....since we weren't dressed to sit outside we were pretty cold. The bride & groom looked wonderful, very happy, and weren't discouraged a bit that it rained on their day. The wedding was very nice, I'm glad we were able to go. The girl that got married (her name is Heather too) is such a sweet and special girl, she was was of the teens in our youth group that we lead at our old church.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Heather that sounds like SOME grocery store! Gotta love somebody ELSE loading your car and the scanner thing....so cool!
Have fun as room coordinator. That cracked me up (the term, not the fact that you got it).....anyway, ours are called room parents. I was Katie's last year and loved almost everything about it.
It's good luck to have it rain on your wedding day...at least that is what I was told ;)

Anonymous said...

I need a grocery store like that. I've only been once with all four so far and it went well which means I can never go again b/c it's ineveitable that all will go wrong next time. lol
have fun being a room mom. I miss chatting with you
shan