Friday, October 14, 2005

In 3 Days

  • My Mom Comes
  • I have to paint my living room,
  • I have to put the room back together again
  • I have to deep clean my house
  • I have to finish a bible study

Next Monday will be busy!

  • 6AM Bobby leaves for a business trip
  • 9:30 AM I have a Bible Study at my house
  • 1:15PM I'll be helping with Kid-Writing at Catherine's Classroom
  • 5PM I pick Mom up at the airport

This afternoon I need to make phone calls to prepare for the kids fall party at school (I'm in charge of games, craft, volunteers, snacks etc...).

Wednesday Night, Catherine and I went to her school and got her all registered for Girl Scouts...now she's a Daisy! :)

Last night, I went to school for the RIF (Reading is Fundamental) meeting. We came up with the theme that we'll use for the first distribution....Driven to Read...a Nascar theme. Now, anyone who knows me, know's I'm not the big fan for Nascar (a lot of my family members are though) but kids here are really into it...and it is cute. :)

I came up with the idea of getting a race car die cut, and as the kids reach their goal they get a race car...and the race cars have to reach the end of the course by the deadline. ...So, the kids will get a race car with their name on it for every 15 minutes they read a book, the car will go up on the main wall of the school down the long part of the hallway. If they reach the goal they get a big party and a free book at the end (well, all the kids get a book...but they'll get the extras like book bag, book mark, pencil, etc...). :) What fun! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Heather!
Sounds like you'll be busy! Happy you get to have your mom visit though :)