Thursday, April 07, 2005

Let's start this thing!

Well, I decided I'd try my hand at starting & keeping a blog. Perhaps if I say out loud what my goals are, I might accomplish some! :) We'll see!

I'm not the funniest person but I'll try and make this not be too boring for those who care to read! :) LOL

Right now, I'm not quiet in the spring cleaning mode - but rather home organization or shall I say reorganization mode! DH (dear husband) brought home some temporary filing boxes (at my request) so I had a place to put stuff while I'm in the midst of this whole Re-Org thing!

Why reorganize the whole house you may ask? Well, last November we traded bedrooms with the girls - complete with painting walls in each room. Just this past weekend, we finally put up shelves and "pretty" things in the girls room. We have yet to complete - heck, even start to decorate our bedroom!

For those who have never seen our home, each room is same in sq ft - but laid out differently, they each have a walk in closet and a full bathroom. Our old bedroom was a square - it had an extra 8' closet - which was my scrapbooking nook. Since we decided our new bedroom furniture would fit better in the rectangle room hence the move of bedrooms. So, I lost my closet - it needs to turn into a craft/school nook for the girls. I usually scrapbook once the girls are in bed, and I can no longer do that! :(

So....I need a place to scrapbook in my bedroom yet keep the room looking nice! So I have the perfect cabinet - but it's downstairs in the foyer. It's home to coloring books/puzzles, cd's, pens/pencils, batteries, measuring tapes, etc.. you know, the stuff you need but ends up becoming a huge junk drawer... x4 in my case since there are 4 drawers and cabinets below. Anyways...this credenza will work -but the color is off, and I want the inside painted so it will be brighter and easier to find my supplies.

Here is where I'm at now.

Completed:
  • Credenza - Unloaded & organized 4 cabinets into boxes
  • Unloaded the drawers
  • organized supplies in desk
To do:
  • Complete the project - find "homes" for the rest of "junk"

There is much more to do to just finish this project...


  • Prime the inside of cabinet & drawers
  • Paint the cabinet inside & out
  • Unload Scrapbook Closet - Sort supplies
  • Load closet with supplies for girls
  • Load Scrapbook stuff into credenza
  • Clear out hallway closet to hold extra SB supplies

Isn't it odd, how when you want to move one thing, you have to move several things around! Just because I want to get my scrapbook stuff out of the old closet and into a new place in my room it's creating a huge ReOrg! Whew! But, I'll get it all done. I'm setting the end of April as my deadline. I hope I can make my deadline!

Since we changed out rooms, I've already completely changed out our closets. That was no minor project either! I do however, have a ton of baby clothes to go through. I need to sort them to see what I can sell at a consignment shop, then take the rest to charity. I need to do the same for their toys. Right now, there are 2 (or is it 3?) huge Rubbermaid tubs holding toys from a major room clean up back in January. There's a tub sitting in my room - I just need to get fresh batteries and clean them up so I can try and sell them at the consignment shop too. Then take a load to charity as well.

Okay, I'll stop at this! :) I need to get take the girls outside and play, they want to walk down to the playground today. It's another beautiful spring day! I wish that spring would last all year! I love it! The fresh air, the beautiful flowers, the birds, the sunshine! I'm so excited, there are buds on my hydrangea bushes!!!! :) My niece, Afton got married last year (May 8th) and she had a ton of hydrangea bushes that decorated the church. My sister Teresa (her mom) gave me 4 or 5 of them. We planted them, but I was told by someone that they were probably greenhouse plants and wouldn't make the transplant. I was so bummed...but it didn't stop me! :) Bobby planted them for me, and now there are BUDS!!! Wahoo! See, they made it! Hmppfff to the Home Depot Nursery worker! ((insert evil laugh))

I was supposed to stop wasn't I?! :)

Thanks for reading if you made it this far - God bless you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather I love your blog! I love hearing about your decorating stuff and I too planted a hydrangea bush and was told it wouldn't make it but alas...it has and it is huge :)
Enjoy the park! We just got back!
Maureen