Friday, June 08, 2007

Last day of school!

Wow, it's the last day of school already! This year has flown by! It's amazing how much Catherine has grown this past year. I'm so proud of her - in her class they received a color card every day (Green = "I'm Good", Blue= "Uh-oh, I'm being a little bad", Yellow = "Uh-oh, I'm being very bad" Red = "I've been so bad") for their behaviour - she never had to change her green card - not once!!! She also behaved very well on the bus, and never got in trouble by their grumpy bus driver! :D

With it being the last day I meet Catherine at the bus stop with a "Congrats" helium balloon and a gift (pink & blue monogrammed flowered journal), and a fruit roll up snack (a treat she rarely gets)!




I went to the school to help out with the Pizza Party lunch...that the teachers provided. I brought 2 boxes of Capri Suns (100% juice) it was so HOT outside!!!! The kids were wild...I'm sure they couldn't concentrate on anything all day with it being the last day, even her teacher said he had a hard time...everyone has summer fever! :) LOL The classroom looked so bare, he's already taken things down for the summer. He had the most decorated room it was a visual delight very warm, friendly environment for sure.

Catherine - Last Day of School Interview:

Mom: What was your favorite thing about first grade?
Catherine: Being with (Teacher's Name)
Mom: What was your favorite thing about school in the last two weeks?
Catherine: Going on our first grade picnic at the park. Eating Ice-Cream!
Mom:What was your favorite subject?
Catherine: Math - the game "math-buster"
Mom: What was your favorite activities?
Catherine: Gym, playground time, playing with my friends.

Okay, I really couldn't get much information out of her.

We're going to the Harrisburg Senator's Baseball game tonight, and we're taking our neighbor/friend Ellen with us...so I've gotta run!

No comments: