Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day!

We all got up, got showered and got ready for church this morning. Bobby made pancakes for everyone (I was planning on making breakfast, but he did it anyways....he enjoys spoiling the girls with his yummy pancakes too!) then off we went for church. We went out for lunch, he invited one of his friends from church along. The kids had their own booth, (BTW we've got an extra kid in tow this week - her parents are away due to a family illness) which they thoroughly enjoyed. We went shopping and we both got new swimwear at Target, and did some bulk shopping at Costco's. Then we headed home where he got to nap, the kids played outside on their bikes/scooters.....all in all it was a great day!

--~--


My new toy is on it's way! I'm getting the Canon Digital Rebel XT (silver), I've got my 2GB memory card already....I'm on the search for the best 300mm lens, then I'll get it...for now I'll use my lens from my EOS Rebel. YEAH - I'm so excited!!!!! This is something that the whole family will benefit from. I feel kinda bad spending so much money on something for myself but I rationalized it since Bobby's gotten to choose a lot of big ticket items (Big Screen TV, Leather Sofa (any man's dream, since it also reclines on the two ends) X-Box 360, Weight Bench & Pulley system, etc...) Granted most of these items benefit the family...but so will the camera - right?! :)

I'm slightly bummed because I don't think it will arrive in time for our vacation to the ocean. Bobby didn't want me to take it down on the beach because of all the sand, but still there are many other great photo opps. So let's hope that my crummy digital Kodak will take some decent pictures (I'll take that one down on the sand!) :) LOL

MP3 Update. ^-^
We ordered the Hydra for Catherine, and the Pocket Candy for me...both have been returned and I'm waiting for refunds. The Hydra came with a virus (thankfully we have a great anti-virus program) and mine wouldn't even turn on (with multiple tries from various batteries).

So, we went to the stores around here (again) but Catherine didn't like any that she saw (well, the ones that we'd let her get, I didn't want her spending over $50 since she's only 7). We tried Toys R Us and we found something for her. It's a pink one (you can choose between 6 or 7 colors for the back light of the lcd screen), by Curtis. So far so good.

I think I'll just order the pink Zen Stone from Target when it's available in 4-6 weeks.

1 comment:

Cami said...

I have the Rebel XT and w/ help from Jackie I'm beginning to get beyond all the automatic stuff! Congrats! Meg got a Nintendo DS w/ some dog game she is in love w/... The wonders of technology! Glad Dad's Day was good for you & yours! Miss you!

PS No need to rationalize. Guilt is such a useless emotion!! ;)