Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Recap on Halloween

Thursday...
Catherine's school Fall party was great! All my volunteers showed up, the kids ate all the goodies, then we divided up the class into 3 groups for games and a craft. They played jack-o-lantern bean bag toss, Acorn Drop, & the pumpkin-o-lantern craft.

Here's a picture with them all holding their pumpkin jack-o-lantern craft thingie that they made. :)

They all came to school in costume, they had a parade (the entire school participated outside) then finished the day with their party!

That night was trick-or-treat night. I asked my neighborhood friends (Jen & her 2 girls, Ann & her son, and Laurna and her daughter) to meet me at my house at at 6, then we went T-or-T'ing together. Next year, I think I'll make a dinner, invite them to bring their gear, come earlier eat then get dressed.... and make a really fun evening of it! :)

Catherine was Tigger (this was her "warm" costume) for the actual trick or treating.

Here was HER costume..she wanted to be a cat...so here she is in her Black Cat costume.


Abby was our cute little Lady Bug...she did very well at trick or treating, but got tired and was ready to go home, so we headed back, dropped her off home to help Dad and Nana hand out candy, and the rest of us went back out and hit another street or two. :)
She was so tired that she put herself to bed that night! She headed upstairs (I thought that she was going to play) and after a while I went up to check on her, and found this...


So halloween and all the candy is over! (well, not the candy, we have way to much!)

Sunday morning I took my mom to the airport so that she could catch her flight back home....that afternoon Bobby left for a business trip...he'll be in Alabama, so his parent will drive up to see him Thursday. I'm glad that he gets to see them. Friday night Bobby will get back! :) Yeah! :)

Last night I went out with the girls for dinner (our grochery store watches kids from 3-9 for 90 minutes free!) so we sat in their cafe and ate and chatted! :) Yesterday morning, two of my other friends Lisa and Ruth came over for our book study.

Today Catherine has her field trip! :) I should scrapbook today...we'll see if I do anything...just not in the moode to. :( No inspiration here. I want to make my Christmas cards...but again, no true inspiration. I made a couple...but I'm not thrilled with them. I think a trip to the store is needed.

I've got to go and get Catherine ready for school today. See ya!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Heather you have been one busy girl! Halloween sounded like it went perfectly. I'm sure you had a nice visit with your mom and will be happy to have Bobby home. So happy to hear from you :)