Monday, July 11, 2005

Back from Vacation

We really didn't plan to do a "visit family" vacation...but we ended up doing it anyways! :)

We drove to Baltimore, MD spent the night, then we flew into Atlanta, where we got a rental then drove to a beautiful small town where my husband grew up with his family in Alabama.

His sisters and brother and their families came in for the 4th of July holiday. We enjoyed visiting with each other watching all the fireworks, and all the food! ;)

Before we left, we didn't tell the girls we were going, at 5 and almost 3 I would have to answer endless questions about how much longer until we'd leave and all that! :) So I was trying to subtly reinforce their good manners. They have great manners, but not deep south worthy! I knew I'd heard it too, if they didn't approve of thier manners! :) I guess they did all right. I didn't hear otherwise...unless it was talked about when I wasn't around! :) LOL Which I wouln't doubt! :) LOL

I hope everyone had a great holiday and celebrated our freedom!
Happy 4th of July!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a fab vacation. We leave tomorrow for 2 weeks...all via car! You're such a wonderful Mom! And we VBS Hop too!

~Cami

Anonymous said...

happy you are back and that you had a great time! love going away but so nice to come home again :)