Sunday, July 24, 2005

More progress made on my scrapbooking area!

So as I've mentioned before, my scrap area is in two spots in my house since the moving of bedrooms.

Lately I've been scrapbooking on a 6ft table that somehow got burried in a huge creative jumble of mess! Underneath the table was even worse, it had piles of outgrown, tired clothes.

Last week, I paid the girls $.50 (they love the big shiny new quarters!) :) to carry all the clothesw downstairs for me. I bagged them up in (managable sized) plastic bags and they unloaded them on the couch for me to later sort.
I've sorted them for 1) resale at "Tomorrows Child" 2) Coat Closet (our new church has a room where you can drop off clothes and people who are in need can take as many clothes as they need for FREE!) & 3) Salvation Army bags.

It was a huge job, since there were tons of clothes, I purged our closets a few months ago, and didn't do this last step...but Abby's outgrown lots more clothes, and I know I'll be doing this again soon.

But for now, I feel good because my bedroom doesn't look like a dumping ground anymore! :)

Bobby brought my white credenza up, and I'm organizing all my scrapbook stuff in there. This is a tidious job but fun since I love to organize. I'm finding that my 12x12 papers don't fit in the cabinet, so I've got to come up with some system soon. I'll be over at 2Peas searching past posts and viewing rooms again. :)

I need two shelves to hold my containers that I altered, and other boxes. But it looks better already. Soon I'll be taking my 6' table down, the top is cleared (yeah!) that was a big job!

No comments: