Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Memorial Day is coming up...


I hope everyone has some nice plans. Our church is having a really nice service for soldiers and others (police, fire fighters, etc...). It always makes me proud that my husband served in the military, :) and getting the chance to be an "Army Wife" and all. :)

Each girl in Catherine's Daisy's troop wrote a letter to a soldier overseas. I scanned in her letter to save for you all to see. Incase you can't read it, it says;

"Dear Soldier, Thank you for keeping us safe from the bad guys. thank you for working hard all day. I am 6, I have gold hair. My Mommy is 28 and my Dad is 29. He used to be in the Army. I have a little sister, she's 3. (flower) I hope you have a nice day. (smily face, rainbow and flower) Catherine"

One of Bobby's sisters is retiring from the Navy this summer (I think she served 25 years). We're going down for her big retirement party. His family is so much fun, I can't wait to see everyone. Our girls are really looking forward to seeing all their cousins, Aunts & Uncles and their grandparents.

After spending time with his side of the family we'll be heading up to Kentucky for our big family reunion that us cousins have been planning.

I roped my twin sister Sherri into helping me come up with a great scavenger hunt. I'm also coming up with other games to be played inside and outside. :)

No comments: