Tuesday, May 09, 2006

I missed NSD! :*(

I don't know how I did it, but I managed to miss out on National Scrapbook Day! :( I swear I'd forget my head somewhere if it weren't attached!
I've got to clean off my desk, and do some scrapbooking this month!
SCRAPBOOK OR BUST should be my motto this month! :) Let's see if I can get some done! :)

This past week I got a new HP Pocket PC (to try and help me from being so forgetfull...so far the calendar reminders and the alerts have helped out a lot) and newer cell phone it's the PINK Razr, which if you've checked out new phones lately, is super thin!!! I haven't had the chance to sit down and read thru the manuals (which I normally do before I even touch something new), but I've been figuring things out easily enough. :)

We've got our hotels booked for our long trip this summer, over 2400 miles at least. The new van will be so nice, I'm really hoping the DVD player will keep the kids occupied for awhile. I plan on buying some new movies for them. :)

At the PTO meeting, I got the majority of votes for the Secretary postition. I was shocked actually, since this is our first year (You know oldest child in Kindergarten) I don't know a lot of people. None of my friends were there, and I didn't vote, because I wanted to see how the votes would play out. :) So I'm excited about that! :) The currect President asked me to tell a little about myself (I hate when I have to speak and I don't ahead of time to plan what to say...who knows what comes out of my mouth!) :) LOL after I told them a little about me, she prompted me to tell everyone else what all I do there at the school at the time all I could remember that I helped out with the book fair, RIF (Reading is Fundamental), Kid Writing (helping in the Kindergarten class room) and the family fun day. I forgot to mention that I'm the room mom, I help shelve books in the library, I'm the presentor for the Famous Artist program, and help out for the teacher/staff appreciation days.


Catherine is loving soccer! She's made at least 2 goals each game she's played so far. We all went to a baseball game last weekend, that was nice, I had funnel cake for the first time :) the girls enjoyed themselves, they lasted thru the entire game. After the game was over (it was late too) they invited all the kids under 12 to run the bases. Catherine was too cute, and enjoyed that, we didn't think about letting Abby do it, but she would have loved it...maybe next time! Abby is getting so big...all she can do is talk about getting into a ballet class and her birthday. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

woo hoo on getting the position!

I missed NSD too.....too busy! I need/want to scrap!

I want that pink phone and it sounds like *I* need one of those planner things ;)

So good to hear from you H!