Saturday, October 22, 2011

Spooktacular decorations

Okay, so I didn't go all out this fall for decorations. I still don't think I'm over the Radio Flyer incident. Here is what I did do this year:

I took a simple wooden decoration from Joanne's and painted the tree black, then I hung cute little Halloween charms from it (not the ones that came with the tree)

I added the crow...well, because they make everything look spooky.


I love white pumpkins. I love mini pumpkins. When I came across mini white pumpkins I knew I had to get them. So I got 3 of them. I pulled out my black paint and added some chic charm to them. I plopped them onto my mini cake stand and added the cloche dome (okay, it was a Salvation Army find - an ugly wooden cheese board & dome for $3...so I tossed the wooden board and kept the dome).




Abby gets credit for finding this little gem. It's a metalic hand (which is a pretty handy back scratcher). We found it at Target and it didn't have a tag on it, so I'm not sure how much it was...it was mixed in with the purchases for the rest of our costumes for this year.



 
I've had this cute little wire frame pumpkin, which I have my fall beaded candle wreath, but I need to  pick up a new candle.

Years ago, my Mom got me this cute little fall village. I've never seen more, so I can't add to it, so it makes a cute little set up on a small round table in the corner of the dining room.


Years ago Bobby & I found these hurricane glasses, but the stems were too tall to actually use, so they found a new home as candle holders. These candles smell amazing. Wish you could smell them. I've added faux fall leaves & stringy black yarn.


And our favorite Mrs. Bones! Years ago I found her at Michael's. I used my black Zig pen and added "stitch" marks around each bone, added frosted glass beads for her eyes, added a platinum colored gem for her nose and drew on her lips. I found a cute fuzzy for her hair accessory and a little pink glittery heart! She is adorable!

Bath & Body Works pumpkin jar resting on a candlestick holder.


Our Fall Wreath on our front door.


New this year...our house landed on the wicked witch!  $5 black & white long socks & $6 Salvation Army glittery hot pink shoes. Yeah, she's a hip witch, with so much style, it's a shame we flattened her!






The girls are sporting their "haunted trail" outfits.= (aka. not their costume for the year, since they may get snagged on branches out in the woods). Abby is a little witch and Catherine was scared half to death at a slumber party.


Okay....this isn't Halloween stuff....but these cute hats are so freakn' adorable!


2 comments:

screen-name said...

First let me say, your decorations are AWESOME! LOVE LOVE LOVE the little white pumpkins.

Second, what is the radio flyer incident? Am I missing something? If it's in a recent post, I'm sure I'll stumble across it.

Heather said...

Sherri,

No, it's not a recent post. After our first Halloween at this house, I had an awesome radio flyer wagon with some cool patina & the letters were fading on it, it looked worn & loved but was still in perfect working condition. I had it filled with straw bales and pumpkins and a lighted leaf garland. Well, the pumpkin started to rot and bobby wheeled the wagon to the curb & before I knew he did it, someone drove by and took it! {gasp}...they left the wrotten pumpkin on the grass and took my wagon. :( I've never been the same since, and sadly remember it every fall.

Bobby has a habit of throwing my things to the curb. I had to stop a lady in mid loading of taking Catherine's vanity! {gasp} she had 2 of the items in her car already, I ran out screaming "NOoooooooooooo!!!!! My husband put that out there without my permission...I didn't know this was out here...this is my daughters, you can't have it!" I was mordified at the scene I created! LOL