Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Sweltering

Who said spring should be over 100 degrees?

Why am I complaining? Oh, that's right, our cool air unit isn't working, and 5 service repair companies can't come out until next Thursday/Friday!!!!!!!!!

It's been so hot!!!!

I've got a short reprieve though, as thunderstorms were supposed to come rolling in tonight (they didn't appear, but high winds and showers came...just perfect enough to cool things down). The temperature dropped over 20 degrees! (-: I opened every window and cooled the house out. Tonight I actually ran the dishwasher and now I'm quickly doing some laundry.

Bobby's in Florida for the Tech Expo, he said it's cooler there than it is here. He's having a great time. I've been keeping the girls busy with going places with air conditioning :) They played in the Kid Zone while I worked out at the gym, Abby played in the Tree House while Catherine and I did the grocery shopping (they only had room for one child when we got there, at first C was upset that she couldn't play, but I let her do all the scanning and pressing the buttons on the produce scales so she had a great time). Catherine helped select meals and snacks, she said it was fun.

Today we went to the mall where the girls got a new webkinz. I made dinner while the kids played outside (this was when it finally started to cool off....the kids played kickball with other friends). Later we set up their webkinz rooms. Another good day for the girls....to top it off, Abby called Daddy so both girls talked to Bobby before they went to bed tonight.

It's 3 AM, time to put the wash into the dryer...okay as soon as this Will & Grace episode ends. I enjoy watching reruns while Bobby's away....Friends, Will & Grace, Sex & the City, Seinfeld etc...

No comments: