Tuesday, May 27, 2008

School is almost out for the summer

Wow, less than two weeks to go. Next week, I've got the book distribution on Monday, where every kid gets to pick out a book to keep for free...they'll also be getting their prize from the reading challenge. Tuesday is the Field Day, where the kids have fun games all day. Each grade wears a certain color, Kindergarten has to wear orange, and Second Grade is wearing light blue. Thursday Second grade has their picnic at the park, so Abby and I will go to that, then I'll take Abby to school.

I've got to figure out what to give them for the last day of school. For the last two years I've meet Catherine at the bus stop with a gift. Kindergarten, I think it was flowers and I had a plate of cupcakes for all the kids that got off at her stop. First grade, I gave her a helium balloon and a diary..and I had a plate of cookies for all the kids.

Last week I chaperoned Catherine's Field trip to the American Life Museum at Hershey. I also got the yearbooks distributed. Now I've got to figure out what's going on with a few issues that have come up... *sigh*

Memorial Day Weekend went pretty good. Friday afternoon we went over to a friends house for pizza, the girls jumped on their trampoline and had fun. Saturday afternoon we went to other friends house for a grill out. Saturday night I went out with a girl friend while Bobby watched the kids. Sunday I recovered. Monday kids came over to play with the girls and had an entire day of fun. Catherine started exploring the "forest" behind our house...she thinks she's big stuff now! :)

No comments: