Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Is that your natural color?

I can not even begin to tell you how often I hear that! I swear, complete strangers stop me and ask me all the time. Just last weekend we were in the mall, I was walking along and got stopped by a man at a kiosk (Crap, please, I'm not interested in a resort retreat to Hershey...I begin to think as he puts his hand out to stop me from walking away) and says "Excuse me, is that your natural color?"

Why do people ask..do they really want to know? Do they want me to say yes, do they want me to lie to them....I mean really?! I told Bobby that the next person that asks me, I'm going to say "If I said No will that ruin your fantasy?" :) LOL I've got the complexion for red hair, I'm very fair skinned, freckled, light eyebrows, etc... I've defiantly got Irish blood, and several cousins with red hair.

I'll also get comments like "Now, that's what a natural red head looks like" and "Wow, your kids didn't get your red hair?" So I guess all in all...it's a complement that it looks natural. It doesn't bother me, it's just funny. It's just amazes me how people are daring enough to ask. I would never think of asking a complete stranger if their hair color was natural. :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love it Heather...I've always thought of going red but never dared to do it.
Hugs
Shan

Cami said...

I had never dyed my hair. This was about 4 years ago. I decided to be bold. Went red. Chiante. Well, I looked like a Goth soccer Mom... Geez! Luckily it faded quick and I was introduced to the wonderful world of highlights from which I can't escape from. Think Hotel California for streaks! Now they cover up the gray/silver. You look divine. Esp. w/ your stellar eyes!