Tuesday, July 22, 2008

It's been busy



Friday - Bought a new suit, Texas Hold'em Game at friends
Saturday - Abby went to her best friends birthday party, Went swimming
Sunday - Relax
Monday - New Haircut, Job Interview
Tuesday - (TODAY) Library Event; Received Job Offer/Accepted
Wednesday - School Library Event, Prepare for PTO Planning/Budget Meeting, Watch Batman movie at the IMAX theater
Thursday - PTO Planning/Budget Meeting
Friday - Prepare for Abby's birthday
Saturday - Abby's birthday party, Cousins house to watch boxing
Sunday - Relax hopefully - clothes shopping
Monday - First day at my new job!

Yes, a new job! I had an interview yesterday, and today I got the call that they would like to hire me. I'm an office professional again! Yeah! :) So now I need to go buy some new clothes.
Of course with me being the PTO President I'll be busy trying to juggle everything. The great thing about this job is that it's part-time, so I'll be able to put the girls on and get them off the bus everyday. Having to work only 5 hours each day will free me up so hopefully the house won't get burried in laundry! :) I'm really excited about this, I'm so happy it came together so well. This was our plan, once both girls were in school I'd go back to work. The job can turn into full time whenever I'd like for it to go that way too. So that's really a bonus! It's a small office, almost everyone has young kids so they understand snow delays, sick kids etc...

Abby's birthday is Angelinia Ballerina. I wanted to do a party somewhere else and just pay for it, but she wanted a home party....so that just means more planning/work for me. Which normally I go all out planning elaborate games and such, but I just haven't done it this time. I wanted to hire someone to teach the kids a small ballet performance but that never came together. I'll figure something out before Saturday!

PTO meeting - I could cop out and just purchase refreshments but I feel like baking something....so I'll go and pick stuff up. It's been awhile since I've made appetizers and desserts.




I ordered these prints from shutterfly (14 page mini album of 5x7 prints using a premade kit by dani http://www.designbydani.com/ which I altered a little), which would entitle me to get a free 8x8 bound book that I have to redem by Aug 1st...so I've got to make some good pictures and get some scrapbook pages created. I was impressed with their prints, so looks like that's what I'll do from now on. I just never make it into stores to print off pictures, and goodness knows I'd kill my printer! Anyways...I don't see a code for the 8x8 so I'm hoping they have it in their system or something.

I'm happy! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OMGOSH Heather!!!!!!!! You are working?? Good for you! I am not but need to be....it's been so very stressful financially. I just keep praying about it but need to be more proactive.
Enough of that though.
I love your pages! You have such a beautiful family. I hope life is good....you sound happy (as you stated you are).
Hugs!!!